
Well despite my latest feelings about my Sisterlocks, things are starting to turn around. I just want to thank all the ladies who stopped by my blog and left comments on my previous post. I really appreciated the advice, support and words of encouragement. I feel better now. I decided to write a post about what I did like about my Sisterlocks. I just recently got my hair retightened and even though the spaces returned, I love getting my hair retightened and I just love the way my locks feel. It's like they have been rejuvenated! While I was going through my phase I was looking at some pictures when I first got my Sistelocks and looking at those pictures help me to realize that I have come along way, a very long way. So I do know that things will eventually get better.
The thing that I love most about my Sisterlocks is the freedom. How I don't have to stress out about my hair. I have really gotten used to the fact that I can just get up and go. Having Sisterlocks are very convenient being that I'm a very busy person and mom and about to become even busier! I'm really thankful that I have one less thing to worry about. Lately I have been examining my locks and I have noticed that my locks are thickening at the roots which is a very good thing it gives me hope. I hope this means that my locks are getting stronger and hopefully I won't have a problem with thinning locks in the future. I have finally accepted the fact that it's going to take a longer time than I planned for my hair to fully lock. The only thing I can do is sit back and wait. I'm still holding off on the unnecessary products and styling although it is really hard but I'm coping pretty well. For most of the time I have been keeping my hair braided. I sometimes braid my hair in one or two french braids at night and in the morning if I have to go out I take them loose and it produces this really great braid out.( sorry I have no pictures maybe next time!) Back when I first got my Sisterlocks I wasn't too fond of braid outs but as my hair continues to grow I'm starting to like braid outs now.

Speaking of growth I noticed my locks have really been growing. That's another thing I like about my Sisterlocks that is has really made my hair grow and thicken up. I decided to test my growth and put it in a pony tail. I was successful, I have been able to put my hair in a pony tail before but this time I didn't have to force it! lol, Which is a good feeling. I admit I still have a little ways to go but I think I can safely say that this is a true pony tail. Now back in my permie days I was never able to do this my hair was always to thin and short from breakage. My hair is defitnetly in better shape. Well I'm over my little phase now and I have learned to be a little more patient because I know good things come to those who wait! Well until next time much love!
11 comments:
YEAH!!! I'm so happy to hear your seeing the bright side of things. Your hair has grown and thickened so much since your installation. I still have scalp showing after a retightening.
You know something else that's awesome about Sisterlocks? You actually see growth and progress! For instance in our permed days we would have new growth but a trim was usually necessary so progress was minimal. That always frustrated me.
Isn't it nice to be able to focus on other things besides your hair? Sisterlocks are awesome and patience is definitely key in the beginning.
Your hair is looking good!!! It's funny cause my next post was going to be my hair in a ponytail, so when I saw yours I thought it was funny.
YEAH!!! :-)
A ponytail?!? Jeez...now I have lock envy
So glad to hear you are out of your slump...at the moment anyway. They do come and go and I find that is a natural part of the journey. As long as you have more good days than bad, you are
doing just fine.
Your hair is looking great and you go with your pony length.
Very cool background especially in one of my favorite colors!
Look at you and your ponytail! It looks great :-)
I think we all have days when we feel a little down about our hair; in my case it's usually when I'm comparing it to someone else's.
I'm glad that you are back on the bright side.
Glad that you are feeling better. Your hair is looking great.
I'm glad you're feeling much better. And I'm seeing the growth.
Glad to hear you have had a turnaround about your presenting SL tribulations. I think it was an excellent gesture to actually list things that you love about your SLs. I can see tremendous growth and thickeness.... Love the backdrop of your blog. Keep us posted on your SL emotions........................
Yay!!!
I love the purple and butterflies too. Nice change.
Yay!!!
I love the purple and butterflies too. Nice change.
So very happy that you have turned a corner in this phase of your sisterlock journey. I totallycould relate to how you were feeling. I am so grateful for the wonderful ladies on this site. I am also doing more freestyling instead of other styles that put too much tension on the locks. I find I have less trouble this way. Also I viewed your early picures, and yes, your locks have really changed since then. You are going to do just fine!!!!
To: Meikmeika
Thanks for stopping by. Great minds think alike! lol, Can't wait to see your pics!
To: Cluizel
Lol I think we all have a lil lock ency one way or another!
To: Goodnapps
Yes I'm glad that I have more good days then bad ones. Purple is one of my favorite colors too!
To: Mel,Naturalist1, N'Drea, Nappy Texan Girl and Naturally Sophia
Thanks for stopping by
To: Aya
Thanks for the support. I am very grateful of this site. There is defitnetly a Sisterhood here.
Post a Comment