Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Thursday, July 24, 2008

"LOST ONE"


Okay so the day finally came. I have officially lost a lock!

It occured when I was washing my hair over this past weekend. I happened to look down and sitting in the shower drain I noticed a lock just sitting there like aint nothing just happened. I screamed, I coulddn't believe my eyes. I mean I have noticed that my edges are dissapearing more and more as time goes on, but I never thought a whole lock would fall out!

Not to mention that this lock was one of the locks that was combined to prevent this from happening in the first place! Anyhow so now I am at the point to where I want to start all over. Why? Because I have a feeling that this is going to happen again. SO I feel I better do something about it now before it gets worse. There are more thinning locks in the front, and I have combined several of them. At first I was going to leave well enough alone but not having nice parts is starting to bother me. I can't take it anymore. Don't get me more I get sad just thinking about cutting my hair, I will miss my locks.

So as of now my plan is to grow my hair out with my locks until my hair gets a decent length, no more retightening. Hopefully I can get away with this, if it becomes to much I might have to just do the big chop. See although I went natural almost a year before getting locks I have never wore my hair out, I always had it braided. So for one I am scared to just chop my hair off and two I have gotten so use to my now long hair.

I honestly kind of look forward to being a loose nappy, I never really new or cared to learn much about my loose nappy hair so I want to learn more about it. However I will say this, I know for a fact that I will return to the lock world and hopefully for good. I had no intentions of ever cutting my locks off, but when your not happy your just not happy so I have to do something about it. After all it is just hair it will grow back.

I hope to start over by the new year( that's if I don't fall in love with my loose napps, lol). I'm not sure which method I want to go because overall I am really with my Sisterlocks, it's just that now I know I need to go bigger. I am going to consider all methods, Sisterlocks (if I can afford them at that time, lol)Braidlocks or Traditional Locks which if I do try those routes I will end up latching them. Anyhow I have more than enough time to decide. Hopefully by then I can restrengthen my hair line.

I almost was to the point to shut down my blog because I just have been so busy lately and havent been able to keep up or respond to my favorite blogs. But then this happened so is you all have any pointers, I'm curious to know what you all think. I think my mind is made up but I'm still willing to hear what you all have to say. Take Care

Until next time much love!

9 comments:

The knotty Truth said...

i think it has everything to do with your delivery. after the chemicals run through the body, it is normal for shedding to occurr 6=12 months post delivery as the chemical excretes through the follicules. Pending your decision, go ahead and cleanse: warm water, green tea,pshyllium husks,get it OUT....and your body will thankyou for it...
and on the loose hair thing. i concurr. when you go straight to locs, it seems like you will inevitably go loose bc of the missed experience. GO FOR IT! but for me and my house, i'm good..did loose for 2 years-then you're right,you'll be ready-for a lifetime.

Lakia said...

Oh Lawd! You should see the one I lost. I accidently cut it off thinking it was apart of a black rubberband. I got to post pics of it. I cut it off from the root too. I'm saving it in hopes of reattachment.

Meikmeika said...

I guess my my comment didn't post correctly....here goes...

1) Don't shut down your blog..Your blog is a resource for those considering Sisterlocks. I know no two heads are alike but before I got Sisterlocks I came across a couple blogs that let me know what to expect. I even found a couple bloggers who's textures seemed similar to mine (at the time). Please don't discontinue your blog. Even if you were to become a loose nappy you should take us through your experiences with styling and products, as you would your Sisterlock blog.

Not to mention.....we all want to know how you're doing. You are a part of the Sisterlock Family!!! YOU CAN'T GO!!!!! :(

2) I already know that your stress levels are pretty high right now since you have sooo much going on, not to mention you've recently had a baby. I agree with cheleski, you may be jumping the gun, it could be the chemicals.

Also remember losing one lock with the hundreds that you have isn't as bad as you think it is. What about combining all your locks to make them bigger? What about visiting a non-local Sisterlock Consultant and voicing your concerns or getting a second opinion?

I know that it all boils down to if you're happy with your hair. I missed my loose hair after my installation but I had been a loose nappy for quite a few years. Just relax, breathe, make sure you really want to do away with your Sisterlocks before taking the plunge and I'm behind you all the way!!! Regardless of what choice you make you'll still look marvelous!!!

V said...

cheleski68
Thanks for dropping that information and now I have heard it again so it may be the chemicals and hormones? I guess I will weight it out. I really like my hair besides that one problem so hopefully I can fix it

lakia
really? at least you know the cause

meikmeika
thanks for all of your words of encouragement I really appreciate it. I will try to hang in there. Because I do love my length so I hope I can make the best out of this situation, take care.

Naturally Sophia said...

Shut down your blog? not an option young lady! I think that's the beauty of the blog, we get busy or stressed, then we tell the others about it and we all share and grow.

Now, your hair, 1 lock is so not a big deal. I have lost locks with the traditional set I had before. It just happens occasionally. If you want to cut your hair, cool you have the face to pull it off. But don't let the reason be because you are frustrated over the lock. You have 100s more locks! Besides our hair sheds daily. Sometimes when the hair has shed in the lock, it just sheds. It's naturally. If you want to put it back in, that's an option too. I don't think it's related to the size or condition of your hair b/c it's only 1! Feel better?

Wandaful said...

Hey Brown Buttahfly,

Thanks for the compliment. I am beginning to really feel like I am apart of the sisterhood.

How did you lose a lock, what caused that. Oh by the way your locks are beautiful.

V said...

Natural Sophia
I think I was just frustrated at the time, I know I can find time to blog here and then. I think I'm over losing that lock, I just want my edges to grow back already, lol.

Wandaful
No problem, I have thin hair however people say that I have lost that lock due to hormones,( I recently had a baby) I had edges before the baby came but after I had the baby thats when my edges started thinning. Thanks for the compliments and Thanks for stopping by.

Valenciajaz said...

Sis I lost a lock as a matter of fact 2 locks. I had to have one of the locks at my front nape combined so I wouldn't lose it. Now I have a two headed lock. I hope you don't cut 'em they look so nice. I've started doing conditioner washes and I'm tryin to figure out if this is the culprit. I hope your hormones settle and your hair strenghtens so that you can keep that why crowning glory of locks.

V said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I think I will sit tight. I don't want to do anything drastic and then regret it later. I had toi combine a couple of my locks but if that will save my hair than so be it. Take Care

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...