Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Sunday, May 10, 2009

It was my birthday

Last month I celebrated turning one year "younger"

Me and my boo, lol. Decided to take this opportunity and share it with each other, without the kids.Trust me we needed that mini vacation. We went to Daytona Beach and Orlando. I had a blast. I can't remember the last time I did something on my birthday, I know it's sad.

How I feel about turning a year younger, at first I was a little down, but I realized that I have a lot to celebrate for. I have a wondeful husband and two kids that love me dearly. Oh yeah and the rest of my family, lol. I have a very rewarding career as an Registered Nurse and if I ever get bored there is so many other opportunities I can change over too if needed. I had the blessings of God to be able to move into two brand new houses. God is good. I'm working on my dream house next, no more moving after that, hopefully, lol. Anyhow I'm please with how my life is going. Don't have much to complain about.

Anyhow here is a slideshow of our trip, hope you enjoy.





Oh yeah I finally decided to update my vegan blog with lots of pics.
Click HERE to see the pics.

Take Care

Until next time much love!

10 comments:

Khandi said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Your pics look lovely. I can tell you had a gr8 time

Cashana said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Naturally Sophia said...

Happy Birthday! It's wonderful to take a moment to reflect and count your blessings. Let me check out that vegan blog now. And when are coming to Atlanta? Heck, I might just cal you up from South Beach gurl. You never can tell.

sunsail said...

Oh yay, happy birthday!!! Your hubby's locks looked great, too bad he wanted them out!

V said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
I did have a great time!

Hey Sophia,

Why you trying to come down here? When I'm trying to get up that way? Hopefully soon, eral soon. I must be patient. What ever the case we should keep in touch!

Sunsail

his locks did look great, and now that they are out he is having some regrets. He said he wanted them smaller and neater. So we shall see, what will happen next!


Take Care

Rashida Chinue Blake said...

Happy Belated Birthday and Mothers Day!! You look so cute in your pics.

Thandi said...

Your hair (both fo you) looks cool.And I am so glad you got to 'get away' from the kdis for a while!it helsp to recharge!Happy belated birthday.

V said...

Thanks for stopping by Chinue and Thandi.

Aya said...

Happy belated birthday. Sure enjoying your pictures. You both are a good looking couple.

V said...

Aya

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the compliments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...