Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Monday, March 15, 2010

New Arrival



They say the 3rd time is a charm, that indeed it is. I can't believe my boy finally made it here. I am so happy. My family now feels complete. Not sure what God has planned for me but I honestly don't think I can handle another pregnancy, I get too seriously ill. Anyhow all of those bad days that I had during this last pregnancy was worth this new little bundle of joy. I love him so much. I just worry how I'm going to provide my time and love for the rest of my family, so far it's ok. I just hope I stay on top of things.

I remember blogging during my last pregnancy while I was in labor. You can see that post HERE . However this time around things went much faster! With my last two kids I had to be induced because my kids were showing no signs of wanting to come out and join the world. Well I thought it was going to be the same with this one. Last Monday after seeing my doc ( 2cm at this time) I was scheduled to be induced on Wed. night but didn't make it, because I went into labor late that night around 12:30 am, it woke me out of my sleep. I wasn't sure what was happening, because I never went into labor on my own. So I called the hospital and spoke to the labor & delivery triage nurse and she tried to TALK ME OUT of NOT coming to the hospital. Saying that the contractions that I was having was false, to drink some water ( what is that suppose to do) and that I should go back to my doctors office in the morning. (WTF? is this lady ill? I think she just didn't want to do any more work). Anyhow after about an hour and more regular increased painful contractions, I took a shower and convinced myself that I should go to the hospital. Got there around 3:30 am, was 8-9 cm. If I would've listened to that stupid nurse I would have had my baby at home! Around 6 am and two pushes later I had my son. This time I went ALL NATURAL, NO PAIN MEDS, NO EPIDURAL . After I found out I was so far along, I figured it wasn't necessary. I admit when it came time to push I got scared and thought I made a mistake. My DH even got mad at the nurse for not giving me anything for pain, but that was my decision. However after I gave myself a pep talk and two pushes my son had joined us in the real world. I initially wanted a natural birth at a birthing center, but due to the fact that I was so ill and high risk it was necessary for me to see a doctor vs midwife. All in all I'm just grateful to have a beautiful healthy boy. I let my kids witness the birth my son was super excited, he even told me I did a good job on having his brother. Kids say the darnest things. As far as my daughter she didn't take it to well, she didn't like seeing her mother in pain. They both took to their little brother well. They both want to help out and show him love. I have seen no jealousy in my daughter like I thought I would which is great. We are a big happy family, I'm blessed, I couldn't ask for anything more.




I promise the next post will be about hair.

Until then much love

30 comments:

Felicia said...

Congratulations!!! Your son is absolutely beautiful! I pray that he adds to the joy that you obviously already experience with your family. May God bless all of you!!!

S0uthernGirl said...

I thought your due date was near. He is adorable! Congrats and I'm so glad that the other little ones are getting along with your new addition.

BlaqKofi said...

By the way, what's his name?

BlaqKofi said...

Oh my how beautiful - family, baby boy and your post! That post made me want to cry. I am absolutely sooo happy for you and your husband. Congrats on the natural child birth. I had both of my sons that way. Enjoy your family and post as much as you about them - after all they make you a beautiful brown buttahfly! Much love,

The Woman Inside said...

YYEEAAHH!!! Congrats he is soo beautiful! Thank you for sharing you experience with us. Many Blessings to you and your beautiful family!

paula said...

So precious! We can miss a hair story for so much love. No problem whatsoever. Thanks a lot.
Blessings,
Paula.

Bajan Lily said...

CONGRATULATIONS BUTTAHFLY!
You give me hope for MY number 3 :)
This little man is soooooooo cute - what a blessing to both you and your husband (and his older siblings).
May God continue to bless and keep you girl. Respect xx

Thandi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So glad things went well for you.Who needs a haor post when that last picture shows how beautiful your hair looks anyway LOL?

Nai said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is LOVELY!!!
and just to confirm number 3's are VERY special, had my number 3 at home, everything about him is and was blisss x all the best to you and your family x

ladybikerlele said...

Congratulations!! What a handsome baby boy!

Mile High Sisterlocks said...

Congratulations!!!!! What an adorable bundle of joy. He is too cute. I wish you blessings, health and prosperity.

The Real Nique said...

Wow!!!!! Congratulations on the beautiful addition to your family! Much props go out to you... As I was reading, I could only imagine pain in the great down below as you described "natural childbirth!!!" OMG, drug me, knock me out, something! LOL... I am not sure I could do it, but you go mama! Your son is quite the handsome fellow! Congrats again!

Penny said...

What a blessing...beautiful family..

Charizma00 said...

Congrats on your gorgeous bundle of joy!!! You and your family are beautiful

Charizma00 said...

Congrats on your gorgeous bundle of joy!!! You and your family are beautiful

Charizma00 said...

Congrats on your gorgeous bundle of joy!!! You and your family are beautiful

Charizma00 said...

Congrats on your gorgeous bundle of joy!!! You and your family are beautiful

V said...

Thanks ladies for stopping by, for showing love and all of the lovely comments. I really appreciate it.

LadyButterfly said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! ALTHOUGH IT MAY BE DIFFICULT, TRY TO GET LOTS OF REST AFTER SUCH BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!

Nu-Me said...

Awe how sweet. Congratulations to you and your husband!!!

Cashana said...

Congratulations he is beautiful.

Khandi said...

Oh wow he's such a cutie.
Congratulations!! God be praised for the healthy bundle of joy.

V said...

Thanks ladies for all the love!

msfullroller said...

Congratulations!

Aya said...

Super cute baby boy. Congratulations!!!

CheLouissaint said...

He is adorable!!! Congrats to your new addition! It's beautiful that you had your entire family there to experience his birth, that must have been the most beautiful experience! You seem to be a wonderful mother so I have no worries that you'll be able to give them ALL the attention they crave from Mommy Buttahfly! Congratulations again!!

E. RaMona (Alaiyo) said...

Thanks for stopping by. Congratulations on your little man. I also let my girls witness the birth of their sister. They took it well. Don't you just love him?! Here's to hoping your recovery goes well. Again, congratulations!

V said...

Thanks for the compliments and stopping by.

The knotty Truth said...

congratulations! im screaming! yeyyyy he's here! you have been busy lady!

V said...

Thanks, I have been and I don't think things are slowing down any time soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...