Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

6 Month Update & Happy 30th B-Day To Me!


I know its been a while, been super busy. However all is well. I turned 30 today don't feel any different, lol.

Last month was 6 months since I had my afro. To be honest. I think I'm starting to miss my locks more than I would like, lol. I'm starting to get lock envy all over again. about 85% of my hair is long enough to lock (with Sisterlocks) however the previous bald spots are growing but at a real slow pace. My hair is still very thin in those areas but at least something is growing :).

I'm not sure when I will relock but I know for sure it will happen. I miss my long hair....

Anyhow the first collage is of my hair when I first cut my locks off brace yourself it looks really bad. It took me 7 months to post these photos.


The next collage is of my hair 6 months later I still have some thiness/baldspots but I can deal with them its just a part of life. I really do wish the shrinkage would pass because my hair is a lot longer than it seems.




Earlier this month I did a twistout and the twists stretched out my hair some. I really enjoyed the look but I didnt like the work it took to put them in and take them out. (Another reason I know I will lock again, I'm too lazy, lol) I forgot to take pictures, next time I will.

Well here is an update of my sons locks @ 5 months



As for my hubby he couldnt take it no longer(the growing out process) and cut his hair again. Lets just say I was very pissed at first to the point it felt like he betrayed me... but I'm over it now :) It is only hair right?


Just incase you didn't get the memo. I'm a now Certified Sisterlocks Consultant. It's not updated on the website yet but you can see my certificate on my FB page. Hope all is well with everyone.

Until Next Time Much Love

13 comments:

PhePhi said...

i luv ur candidness and sharing ur pics w/us. i commend u for that.

i would luv to wear my hair loc-free & w/loose curls, but, like u, i'm lazy & do not wanna hafta fret w/my hair everyday...lol

i absolutely luv ur son's locs. i'm locing my 4-yr-old's hair too.

good job....

Natural High said...

Happy B'day to a fellow Taurus my B'day was on the 21st! You are making amazing progress from your before pics. Hang in there! Absolutely love your sons locks too.

Take Care!

Cashana said...

I am so glad to see your hair is progressing. Believe it or not the candid pictures will help those who maybe dealing with the same issues. It will not be long until your hair is long again! Healthy hair first. Your son's locks look great as well. Congrats on your SL certification.

msfullroller said...

Happy Birthday!! Your hair is progressing very nicely and your son's locs too. Congrats on certification as well.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Thank you for another informative post!I miss my daughter's locs but hey..hubby's not keen for me to redo them neither is she so...

Kreyola said...

You been award the style blogger award http://kreyolalocks.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

@ PhePhi

Thanks it took a lot of courage to show those pictures.

I've been following your blog and your daughter's lock journey as well. Her locks are lovely!

@ Natural High

Thanks, Happy Belated Birthday to you as well.

@ Cashana

Thanks, I'm glad to see my hair progressing as well. If it werent for these comparison pictures I wouldn't be able to see a big difference.

Hope all is well up your way

@ Msfullroller

Thanks for the nice comments

@ Thandi

I'm sure you do miss your daughter's locks, maintaining loose hair is not as easy as maintaining locked hair.

@ Kreyola

Why Thank-you :)

Now I have to figure out what to do next.

KnottyAuthor said...

Congrats on the growth!!!! Your hair looks gr8!

Carmennc said...

Congrats on becoming a consultant! You rock! See you on twitter!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

@ Michelle, Thanks and thankyou for stopping by.

@ Carmen

Thanks Carmen..

JUST Euphoria said...

thanks for sharing your hairloss journey, looks like it is filling in nicely definitely see a Dermatologist, my issues wouldnt have been as great had I been more vigilant in making the doctors take my hair loss more seriously, so good luck to you & cant wait to see your updates

Khandi said...

I haven't be on blog for ages but follow on f book. Happy belated birthday, hope you had a fab day. Thanks for sharing your hair loss and development. I know it must have been hard but thanks for the courage. Your son's locs look fab

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

@ Khandi Thanks, for stopping by

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...