Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just Checking In



Recently I got my hair retightened and attended a family reunion. It felt like was overdue for my hair to be retightened and I think it had only been 5-6 weeks. However it seemed longer because my hair really had grown since it was last done. Anyhow I finally asked my consultant what my hair pattern was because I was always curious yet scared to ask because it seemed like it was suppose to be top secret! Why are people so touchy on that subject why do some consultants not wish to share that information? Anyhow since I was in the mood of asking questions I finally also asked hair about those loose ends is there something I can do about them and she said that there is that they can be fixed. I would just have to make an appointment with more hours than usual to have them fixed. Now I'm wondering to myself why didn't she suggest this option before when she can clearly see whats going on with my hair better than I can? Anyhow I was so proud of the new product that I started using because I haven't seen the dandruff since then. So I asked my consultant had she seen any dandruff and she said no, however she thought it was due to the Top Brass and I told her that I was using a different shampoo she basically frowned on that idea and then blamed the shampoo for my hair being loose on the ends. However some of my ends where loose for a while now, this happened way before the shampoo I will admit the Nizoral may have made my ends come loose more and then it may have not we will never no. I was kind of disappointed during this retightening session, but because I am a drama free person I decided not to start any. However I'm not sure if I should continue to use what works for me or just let the dandruff take over because I refuse to use that Top Brass anymore. You have to use it too frequently, almost everyday and as soon as you stop using it the dandruff comes right back as if it never left. I like using the Nizoral shampoo because you have to wash your hair anyway and why not nip the problem in the bud then because it's less products you have to use on your hair. Anyhow enough of that.

On another note since readingGoodnapps Blog
on thinning locks it was nothing new to me I had a few here and there. However it did make me more aware and pay closer attention to my hair. Since then I have been finding more thinning locks and I've been pretty upset about it. I've lost the ends on a few already. What is the cause of this? I wish there was something I could do. However I keep reminding myself that it is hair and that it will grown back sooner or later but sometimes that is hard to swallow.








Not to long I recently attended a family reunion. I was pretty excited about going because I didn't attend the last one and plus we were suppose to be having a pool party and a picnic at the beach so I was all hyped up for it. However those plans changed at the last minute so I was disappointed because I love the water. Anyhow to make up for it I ran in to not one, not two, but 5 other Sisterlocked family members. I was in total shock because I just new I was the only Sisterlocked Sister there but I was wrong and yet so happy to see the others. However I don't think they were as excited as me. Being the Sisterlocked stalker that I am I decided to approach them but they were not as welcoming as I assumed them to be, it was not as big of a deal as it was to me. So I just dropped the idea of taking pictures. However I am kind of use to it because here in Miami people are not friendly in fact they are quite rude. So I know better not to confront another locked sister unless she appears to be friendly because I know she would be looking at me like I'm crazy with an attitude. However due to the fact that there were a lot of Sisterlocked Sisters my mom became curious and started asking questions. So I gave her as much information I could give her and gave her all the websites I could think of pertaining to Sistelocks. She seems fairly interested who know maybe we will have another locked sister on her way.I would really be proud. Anyhow I've written more than enough I catch up with you all later! Until next time much love!

11 comments:

Mzcka said...

You look really nice. Hope you had a ball at the Fam Reu.

Candace

Goodnapps said...

Oh you look so fab!

I was hoping that all this business with thining locks was one of those urban legends. But guess not. But we are all strong and keeping our hair strong and healthy has got to be key.

Meikmeika said...

You look so cute, I Love the dress. How were you wearing your hair? It looks great!!

I also have some thinning locks and really don't know why. I get in my fruits, veggies, fiber, water, protein, etc and the only things I wear are headbands which aren't tight on my head. I think I wore my hair in a style 2 times and that was it. Who knows why these things happen.....

I ran into a woman with Sisterlocks a couple weeks before I had gotten mine installed and hers were amazing, to the middle of her back. When I asked her about them she looked at me like I was crazy and just walked off, how rude! I don't know how a person can have locks in general and not expect someone to comment or ask questions about their hair. Shame on them! You would think they would share in the same Sisterlocked joy that we do but I guess not.....

Got any updates on your journey into the vegetarian world???? Hope everything is going well.

Chosen Vessel {Abena} said...

You look adorable :) I love that dress of you and you look so cute pregnant :)

V said...

To: Mzcka
Thank you

To: Goodnapps
Thanks, I just hope they all go away and I hope that I won't have to deal with them ever again!

To: Meikmeika
Thank you, I was wearing it in a pin up(up do) with bangs in the front.

Sometimes I wonder why people are so rude especially when it comes to hair, it's really not that serious.

As far as converting to vegeterian. I'm still reading I'm on my 2nd book and I decided to convert on a specific date( I let my husband talk me into waiting) He decdied that he wants to try. However I have a feeling that he may not last long. However I have been eating less and less meat,but I don't think I can part with dairy products because I'm in love with cheese and milk but we will see. Oh and plus I'm saving up to go to Whole Foods! Lol I know it's not neccessary but I love that store! But if you have any more tips keep them coming.

To: Chossen Vessel
Thanks for the nice compliments

To: Dstdiva
Yeah I was surprised to see how they reacted but oh well, I did enjoy myself.

Cashana said...

You look adorable. The key to using Nizoral is to concentrate it only on your scalp. I use a coloring type bottle and put it directly only my scalp and try to not pull the shampoo through to my ends. My consultant recommended it and instructed me to use it on my scalp and the SL shampoo on my hair. Hope you had a great time at your family reunion.

Naturally Sophia said...

You look fab...I love the Black and White. I noticed many SL womyn think SLs are secretive or not enthusiastic when they see others with locs. I think many women want to think their hair is unique. Whatever! The more nappy heads the better. As far as your ends, do you think it could be the texture? any dyes/rinses? conditioners that are too strong? Also, I have a million tips on vegan/vegetarian topics. I replied to yur post on my blog. But you left me with no e-mail info. Miami- my favorite place to visit. I noticed that ppl are more rude/distant. Also I am always amazed at the people that speak Spanish or Kreyol to me without hesitation. Lucky I speak both!

Mel said...

Sistalocd, you look radiant!

V said...

To: Cashana
Thanks for the tips. I dilute just about everything that I use on my hair and I use a spray bottle as well so I'm not sure what else I can do. I just know that I can't part with this product knowing that it actually works.

To: Naturally Sophia
Thanks, Well if you still have any tips or want to email me my email address is Sistalocd@yahoo.com and it should be on my profile page now. I decdied to make the change on Aug 1st!

To: Mel
Thanks so much.

Tequila Jackson Allen said...

I started my locks with your consultant and I always felt the way you did she would see some things wrong with my locs and never made any suggestions to fix them and maintenance was a joke. Don't be afraid to ask questions that's what id all about you should take the retightening class whenever you can!

Maryee said...

You looked too adorable in that dress. Cute!!!! Sorry to hear about your locked relatives. Fuey! Come on to Texas. The locked sistahs are realllly nice down here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...