Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Quest To Lose Weight

THIS MY BEFORE AND I WILL BE AN AFTER




It's a New Year and it's time for New Beginnings. I have decided to take my health more seriously and do something about those extra pounds that I have been carrying around, because it is not cute! Lol

Anyhow as most of you know I was on this same journey last year around this time. However my daughter Justice thought she would come in the picture and put my goals on hold. So anyway I am back on my quest to lose 50 pounds! It's actually 41.8 but I'll explain later.

I started my journey in the beginning of December. With no luck the entire month I stumbled upon Maryee's Blog and I found a link about her and Jen's experience on the Master Cleanse. You can read more about it here. So I thought I would give this a try to jump start my weight loss! I have done this before in 2006 for 3 weeks and lost only 9 pounds due to some severe cheating lol. However this time I was a little more successful. I lost 13 pounds in the minimum of 10 days recommended! Overall it was a great experience. I felt great and full of energy throughout the whole process . However after I started back eating I gained 6 of those pounds back but I was okay with that if you want to find out more info about The Master Cleanse aka The Lemonade Diet you can read more about it here.

I decided to rejoin Weight Watchers to help aid in my quest to lose weight. I had to quit last year because of my lil interruption. I am so glad I rejoined! I lost 4.8 (almost 5) pounds in the first week. I tried doing WW's on my own back in December only to fail. Going to meetings and having extra support really make a difference to me, I feel more accountable so if going to meetings will help me lose weight then so be it!

I have really decided to make a lifestyle change as far as being more active. I challenged myself to take up something different at least once or twice a month. As far as skating, riding a bicycle, kayaking, hiking, playing tennis, basketball, swimming, and boxing. Doing the normal exercise routine all the time can tend to get boring. So I thought adding new activities would spice things up a bit!

However the most challenge of them all is running! Yep I decided to take up running. I know it is challenging and that is why I decided to take it up. I want to commit to running and eventually that will be my primary exercise. My goals for this year is to run in two to three 5K(3.1 miles) races. Or two 5K races and one 10K (6.2 miles). My ultimate goal is to eventually run in a half marathon and a marathon. I haven't set a date on that goal yet because a run like that. I will need some serious training. Now I don't expect to place in these runs.I will be doing it just for the fun of it, just completing the races will satisfy me alone.


















Now running is a serious sport. I admire runners now. To help me become a good runner. I had the opportunity to purchase this lovely Nordic Track Treadmill ( AS I am not ready to show my extra jiggle outside, lol). It is really great and it has special programs that will help train me with my running goals. I figured since I don't have the opportunity to go to the gym at the moment I will bring the gym to me! I also purchased a Garmin Forerunner 305 which is a runner's best friend. It has a GPS system, Heart Rate Monitor and lots of tools to help you train. I love it! I must admit the price is a little expensive but I was able to get a bargain at amazon.com. I am so ready to take on this new challenge, I am even having dreams about it. I know I'm crazy.





Anyhow I started this weight loss journey at 210.5 but then gained two pounds. Anyhow I have loss 6 pounds with the help of the Master Cleanse and an additional 5 rounded off( 4.8 ) with Weight Watchers. I only have 42 more pounds to go. I know it will not be easy but I am determined. Well I hope everyone is having a great week so far. Until next time much love!

10 comments:

Cluizel said...

Good Luck! Seems like you have a good plan

You are better than me...I only lasted 3 days on the cleanse...I was about to snap necks at the office. lol

PureHappyness said...

Congratulations on your decision to put your health and longevity of life to the forefront. I too had forgotten how important healthy eating and exercise was and then I had a great epiphany and realized that I was putting myself in great danger of an early death due to poor eating habits, lack of exercise and familial predispositions to numerous health concerns. Anywho, I want to encourage you to do it no matter what! Once you make the mental committment to stick with it, you will. I did! I also wanted to be a runner so I started training with a running group. I was well on my way to running my first half marathon in September 2007 but suffered a horrible injury while completing an 8k, sciatica....horrible, horrible, pain. I digress, running is a great total body conditioning. You will feel wonderful after running and so glad you pushed through those tough spots. I try and run 3-5 miles a week on the treadmill now until I build myself back to running on the road. I pray your strength and know that I'm cheering your on!!

***SPIRIT FINGERS***

Goodnapps said...

Work your plan honey. Best wishes.

Lakia said...

signing up for the race for the cure will be great. I ran it last year. I didn't think that I could do it, but i ran the whole way.

Naturally Sophia said...

Congratulations on your journey and your accomplishments.

Have you thought about swimming since you are in sunny Miami? Water aerobics and swimming are low impact exercises.

You look fabulous for having just had a new born baby.

Meikmeika said...

Good Luck!! I know you can do this!!!

I've been doing WW with my mom for the last several weeks and my motivation hasn't been all that great b/c of my eye but WW is the best lifestyle change program on the planet!! I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

I know there's actually a website somewhere that helps you go from a couch potato to doing a 5K..Do a google search and see what comes up. I think it starts you out running for 90secs then walking for 1min...Something like that.. You may not need it though cause it's for couch potatoes.

I couldn't even get through a day on the Master Cleanse. I had purchased all the ingredients, cleaned out my kitchen and my work space and was ready to go. I've never been a plain maple syrup or molasses lover so when I tasted the mixture I gagged. Congratulations on finishing and the weight loss!!!!!

I'm Cheering For You!!!!!

CarmenNC said...

Congratulations. I'm going to post a before picture. Lawd a mercy. My knee is better and I'm getting outside and walk. I have my dog to draw attention from me jiggling out of control. I'm going to just start doing it like Nike. Good luck!

V said...

To Cluizel
I have to admit the cleanse was rough but I was determined.

To Purehappyness
LOL Thanks for the spirit fingers, and I throw them right back at you. I am still amazed at what a small world this is!

To Goodnapps
Thanks

To Lakia
I have been researching different races but I'm still not sure which ones I will do.

To Naturally Sophia
Thanks, No I haven't really thought about swimming. I might have to give it a try though.

To LocsULuv
Thanks for the support

To Meikmeika
Thanks, I have heard of the Couch to 5K program. I actually brought a book on running called Running for Mortals by John Bingham it's pretty good. I think I might start off with his running programs.

Anyhow thst Master Cleanse was a challenge, it was more of a mind thing thing. You have to actually be ready to go on a diet and lose weight,you have to be physically and mentally ready becuase if your not then you are waisting oyur time. So I guess I was actually ready. You'll come around when you decide you are ready. As for the eye I really help that it heals and gets better, I can't imagine what you are going through.


To CarmenNC
I wish you luck and you know you have my support even way in Miami!

Veta said...

The best of luck on your weight lost quest, i've embarked on the same journey and pray God to give me the strenght to stay true to my goal. Please keep up abreast of all your progress. Before pregnancy i did the master cleanse every 3 months and was very successful at it. That gave me a booster to eat healthier and keep working out. I will keep checking on your progress.

V said...

To Veta
Thanks for the encouragement, and thanks for stopping by? How is your little one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...