
Hey it's been a while since I last posted. I've been so busy and it's only going to get worse from here. Anyhow all is well. I'm loving life right now, I'm really happy, I have no complaints!
On Motherhood
Motherhood is great I am truly blessed to have two wonderful kids. I love it! Although it can be challenging at times. I think I have finally adapted to having two kids instead on just one! Me and DH are even considering having another one. I can't wait!( If it's my Father's will) At first he was satisfied with two but he has turned around full circle, and I'm still not sure why. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind.
You know I have come to learn that life doesn't always come out the way you planned it. Back when I was younger I swore up and down that I wasn't having any kids, that I wanted to enjoy my life( lol) and travel the world with my significant other. I was so wrong. Because I am enjoying and living life to the fullest. I still plan on traveling just with kids! Anyhow due to the fact that I was the only child until I turned 12 I thought I would do things differently if and when I became a mother. So because of that great age difference between me and my siblings we are NOT close at all. I said if I ever had kids I would have them close so they could grow up together and have someone to lean on besides their parents.
I also think that having a family is very important and my family has seem to fall apart. So I said I wanted alot of kids so we could start forming some kind of family traditions and have each other to depend on. Anyhow I'm sorry to ramble on about family. Speaking of we finally got a chance to take some family photos. So below is a slide show of our recent photo shoot. Enjoy!
On Life & Work
Well I'm not working yet but I plan on going back at the end of April or early May. I so look forward to it. I miss taking care of people. Due to the fact that I have been out of work for so long. I am/have taking a few refresher courses. We do not need any medical errors on my part, lol. Anyhow I hope to go back to work at the hospital/floor(Progressive Cardiac Care Unit) I was on. I had really came to love all the people I was working with even my managers, lol. It was very fun and all the other nurses, aids and doctors where really helpful and nice. It was a job where I was actually happy and having a job where you are happy is hard to come by so I considered myself lucky. We will see, because I know that things do change. I guess if it was meant to be it will be!
Anyhow me and DH decided to pick up a side gig. We are taking a real estate course and test to become Realtors. I look forward to it. I hope to be successful because I love houses and decorating them! So my plan is to get in the game and start flipping houses and make them look better so that people will buy them. (I watch to much HGTV, TLC and DIY). Anyhow although the market is low right now hopefully by the time it picks back up we will be licensed and getting the hang of things! Wish us luck!
Speaking of decorating and updating. Me and DH took up a few projects to update our house. We redecorated the Master Bedroom and Master Bath. I think it turned out great. We have a few more things to do but its considered finish. I'm not sure if you could tell in the photos but our primary colors are light blue and chocolate. I know it sounds funny but they actually look good together! Anyways here is a slide show. Sorry the photos aren't that great I did the best I could!
I'm still adjusting to the blue walls in the bathroom, but I may repaint them beige.
We redecorated more rooms but I don't want to bore you with all this home imporvement talk!
On Hair
I'm still in love with my locks even though we be at it sometimes! Not much has changed. Well a little bit. I have been getting a lot of comments about my hair growing so much, so I guess that's a good thing. Thanks to the Knotty Boy Shampoo Bar my locks in the front are actually locking. I think there is a chance that I might be fully locked by my 2 year anniversary. I had no idea that it would take this long, but I'm no longer complaining. It is what it is. I haven't been doing to much styling due to the face that I have been so busy. Mostly free styling but I want to start using my Soft Spikes more because I know the curls will last. DIY's are getting easier and easier. I love the freedom! I really thought it was time for my locks to get a treat, so I went on a mini shopping spree at Carols Daughter. I will give a product review once I receive and use my products. I'm so anxious. The photo below was of me attempting to curl my hair during picture day. I waited to the day of or shall I say a few hours before( big no no.) So I didn't have that much time to sit under the dryer. As you can see before I left the house my curls had dropped. (I used hard rollers)

All in all everything is good. I'm still on my weight loss journey. I must admit it's a struggle but I'm hanging in there. I lost an additional 2.4 pounds since I last mentioned it so that is almost 12 in half pounds so far. At least I'm going in the right direction, I guess. Well I've written more than enough. I hope everyone is well. Until next time much love!
Hey Meikemeika lets play a game. Since you like this movie so much. What movie soundtrack is this song the first one(thats playing on my mp3 player) come from?


30 comments:
awwww...I am glad everything is going well. Your family is sooo cute!!! :-)
Enjoy your time away from work!
Oh! Congrats on the weight loss
I am glad that you are enjoying life. There is a big gap between my little brother and I, and me and my sister are two years apart. We are close sisters, but we are from a total different generation than my brother. My kids are close too. They have a real genuine closeness. My 3 babies are two years apart and I would have it any other way. Ages 4,6, and 8.
Well isn't everything coming togther nicely for you. The house, the kids, you , and your hair are fabulous!
* Cluizel
Thanks for the compliments.
I am enjoying my time off, but I have been away from work much too long and I mean tooo long. Working is a feeling I will have to get back used to.
* Lakia
Thats glad you have a close sibling. I'm older than all three os mine by 12 or more years apart. I wish I was close to them but we are so not on the same page, lol or same state for that matter. I think the mother bug has bit me. I know I want another one but I plan to wait until 2009 or later but not too much later!
* Naturally Sophia
Thanks for the compliments
Love Jones Right??!!! It's a beautiful piece.
I love the family pics, you guys are a beautiful family.
Congratulations on the weight loss.
You've got a great deal going on and I know all will come out well.
Well you are certainly one heck of a superwoman honey.
Congratulations on sticking to your weight loss goals.
Your hair has changed so much. It looks really good.
I am so glad that you did an update! My, You have been busy and doing very well with the decorating and beautiful family. Best wishes on the weight loss and your hair looks fab!
* Meikmeika
Darn, I guess that was too easy! I should have asked what scene.
Anyhow thanks for the compliments. I do have alot going on I just hope I can juggle it all for the time being.
* Goodnapps
I"m trying but I don't think I'm come close to SuperWoman, lol!
AS far as weight loss it is so hard to stay focused and determined, I'm trying though!
Thanks for noticing. More and more I'm falling back in love ewith my hair. And to think that I wanted to start all over! (What was I thinking!) These are my babies 4 life!
*Salt-N-Pepper Diva
Thanks for the compliments. Where's your blog. I try to click on it but an error keeps popping up! I will try again.
OMG!!!! What beautiful babies you make. I really enjoyed the pictures. I was wondering if your locks went through any changes after childbirth. I was thinking about how I shed so much hair after having my son.
What a nice update :) I am glad that you are happy and life is good, You sound happy in your post.
You have a beautiful family. You and your DH make beautiful children girl, go ahead and have another one (smile).
You have a beautiful family, thanks for sharing the pics!
Your hair has really grown and wight loss regime is clearly working for you; you are looking wonderful!
*Aya
Thanks for the compliments. Well now that you mention it you are starting to make me think. My edges seem to have disappeared and I'm not sure why. I thought maybe it was due to the fact that I like to scratch my scalp when I have really bad dry scalp. It's a bad habbit that I can't seem to break, when I know something is in my hair I try to get rid of it. So I thought maybe I was scratching my hair out as well. I'm not sure whats the cause.
* Chosen Vessel
THanks for the compliements. I am thinking more and more that I want another one, but I'm going to wait. I need a break! Lol!
* Mel
Hey Mel glad to hear from you. Glad to know all is well. Thanks for the compliemtns too!
Beautiful family and home. I love the blue and chocolate together.
Look at the lil mama...I just wanna pinch them cheeks! She is such a doll baby. Your son is looking like such the big brother.
That is wonderful and the family pictures are so sweet. Having a family is a beautiful thing indeed. I enjoyed reading your post.
Your babies are adorable. Great family photos too, and the house looks awesome! I didn't realize you are a nurse. I am too I work in cadiology as well and I love my job and the people I work with! Good luck going back and doing the juggling act!
Ya'll so cute!!!!
You're home is PURTTTTYY!!
Congratulations.
and 12lbs is awesome....I wish I was motivated enough to loose 12lbs.
Keep Pressing ON...and you will reach your goal.
Much love.
You have every right to talk about family. Those two are so precious and,you plan on having more...great. There is nothing like having family to set traditions and values. Enjoy each and every moment. It is a blessing to increase and grow. Your locks look lovely too.
* Trina
Thanks for all the nice compliments
* Sez
I sm glad you enjoyed reading my post. I love my family I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!
* Mulitfuntional
Thanks
*DJT
Yes, I still consider myself new. I love it! Thanks for all the nice compliments.
*Aqueelah
Thanks for the nice comments. Those 12 pounds where hard to come by. It's hard but I am trying to hang in there!
* Sogolocs
I love my family they are important to me. I know for sure I want one more just not right now, I need a break, lol! Thanks for the compliments!
u look great- and congratulations. i'm very happy for you!your babies are beautiful!
Nice update... Your locs are looking wonderful!
Blessings~
You look so happy. Your family is so precious. I am so glad to see that things are well. You did a great job on your remodeling project. I need you to come to my house! LOL! Stay encouraged and blessed!
* Cheleski 68
Thanks for stopping by and all the lovely comments
* Jena Evans
Thank You
* NappTown
Thanks for commenting. I appreciate the kind words. As far as the project I did the best I can. I so love decorating I just hate how expenxive it is!
It's been a while...just checkin' in and I fully enjoyed reading about your family and how your husband wants another one! Wonderful! Your hair, family, and house looks awesome!
All the best,
Eyedinity
Hey I love all the updates and the pics of the remodeling. I am ready to start to do some of that in my own house, so thanks for the inspiration.
Your locks have definitely grown and are looking good.
The family pics are lovely and those babies are too darn cute!
Hey I love all the updates and the pics of the remodeling. I am ready to start to do some of that in my own house, so thanks for the inspiration.
Your locks have definitely grown and are looking good.
The family pics are lovely and those babies are too darn cute!
Wow. Great post! I say have more babies...why not, right? They're adorable!
my secret :)...no carbs, cardio 5days a week and weightlifting...lots of vegetables and protein (chicken, ground turkey, fish) and lots of hard work...
Eyedinity
Gril wher have you been? Thanks for stopping by and thanks for all the nice compliments.
Tra
Thanks for all the nice compliments. I appreaciate it.
Amina
Thanks for stopping by. Babies are adorable. In my case I think I should set a limit because I wouldn't no when to stop! Lol!
Elizabeth
No cARbs? That wuold be a very hard thing for me to do. I guess thats why I'm losing so slowly. Keep up the good work though, you look good!
You have a beautiful family! Girl, you are truly blessed and yes, life happens as we are planning ;>
Thank you and I wish you all the best!
Post a Comment