
Anyhow so it's finally been two years. My has the time gone by. My actual locversary was on June 1st. So I'm a couple days late but better late than never. Not much has changed with my hair since the last time I blogged. However a lot has changed over the years. Can you believe my hair use to look like this?
This is a pic during my first month of Sisterlocks.

Since going natural period my hair has changed for the better no matter how much I complain or how many ups and downs I claim to have. I am thankful that I still have hair, lol. However I will admit that I'm still thinking about starting over due to the fact that I dislike the front of my hair, my edges are really thin and it's taking forever for the front of my locks to lock. I'm really itching to start over but at the same time I'm trying to be patient. Just to see if anything changes in reference to my attitude towards my hair or my actual hair. I don't think I can hold out much longer. The only reason why I still have locks in my hair is because me and DH are suppose to be renewing our vows next year. We didn't have a wedding ceremony when we first got married (thought it was more important to buy a house and have a nice place to stay) so we decided to have a ceremony at 5 years. I won't long hair then, so that's why I'm still holding on. Anyhow here is another pic update
Here is another collage of my locks at 6 months!

Going natural and getting locks was one of the best things have done for my hair because now I actually have more of it, lol. Here are a few more collages of my hair at 1 year and the next one is 18 months!

.jpg)
Here is the last collage(I'm sure you are tired of collages by now, lol. The pics are of my locks when they turned 2! It was after a fresh wash.
I'm really going to try and hang in there despite how many imperfections I think I might have no one else seems to notice so that's a good thing. Well I didn't want to collage you all to death so I made a slide show of my locks over the years hope you enjoy!
You know I couldn't actually leave you all without an update of my kids they are so beautiful. I hate to brag but it's true, lol.

Sorry I didn't any flattering photos when I turned 2 years. Due to the fact that I'm a full time procrastinator I have yet to retighten my locks( suppose to be done last month) And I refuse to do anything to my hair or take pictures till it's done so I will have to update you as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully I'll be back before this moth is over. lol
Anyhow I know there are a lot of June Lockversaries (made up word). So I want to give a shot out to Blaqkofi, Cluizel,and Meikmeika,In which Cluizel and Meikemieka shares the same years as me. If I forgot anyone I'm sorry, Happy Lockversary to you as well!
Well I think that should do it. Hope everything is well with you all take care,
Until next time much love!


26 comments:
WOW! 2 years, The babies are so beautiful! Good luck on your 5k
Looking good girl. Congrats! And yes your little darlings are precious.
Candace
Yes your kids are BEAUTIFUL! And you're looking gorgeous, you are working that dress!!!!
I think you should wait on the hair thing. First rule of having locs is patience and I think your hair is gorgeous! Your kids so are adorable. :-) BTW - Happy Lock Anniversary!!!!
To Lakia
Thanks for the cmments. About the race I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!
To MCZKA
Thanks
To Kandgoods
Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the compliments
To Napptown
Thanks for the compliments. Since I've been patient this long, I'm going to try and wait it out.
Your children are adorable! I love the transformation that your hair has made, they are lovely!
Happy Locaversary! You, your hair and the kids are lookin good.
You children are just darling...You deserve to brag. Your hair looks great too. You have a great 2 year Lock anniversary. Keep on running.
I forgot, those babies are just precious, too!!!! Blessings...
How exciting to make it to the 2 yr milestone. You and your locks are just beautiful! It's been a pleasure watching your growth in all areas. I love this Sisterhood!!!!!
To Naturally Free
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the comments
To Valenciajaz
Thanks
To Sogolocks
Thanks for the encouragement.
To Maryee
Thanks for stopping by and for the lovely comments.
Wow.............just goregous, Your hair has really grown beautifully! I can wait for my two year progression pics :).........also,.....Your babies are adorable! Take care
Congrats! Your hair is gorgeous.
Big up also re the weight loss. Loving that dress.
Your children are simply adorable.
I know you will do whatever it is that you feel. HOWEVER (and trust me that's said with love and respect) I hope you don't take your hair down because from day 1 to now, you have already went through a wonderful journey. I wouldn't want to throw my journey away, but only you know your hair. To me and most of the bloggers out there, you have the glory on your head. I wish you much success on your 2nd 5K, I extend another high-five and to end this...those kids are too cute! Be well!
Happy Lockversary!!!!! WOOHOO!!! Your locks look perfect! I honestly don't feel you should start over. At the very least, you can take the front down and part it the way you prefer. Just keep in mind how long it took you to lock....Since your install they have grown tremendously and filled out. You also style your hair amazingly!
Your babies are adorable and you have every right to brag!!!!
Congratulations on all your weight loss and good luck on your next 5K.
Oh! How's the veggie life treating you?
Yay! All good things!
Congrats on your lockversary, weight loss, and fitness. :)
Your babies are so cute!!
Very nice!!! your hair is really beautiful!
To LocdJewel7
Thanks for the lovely comments, don't worry before you know it your lockversary will have come and gone!
To N'drea
hey girl long time no hear from, thanks for the compliments
To Eyedinity & Meikemieka
Thanks for the encouragement, I needed to jear that. I'm going to try and hang in there. Hopefully until next year.
To Meikmeika
The veggie life is great. Do you know it will be a year in August. DH is doing well too, so is my son, however I tend to think he gets bored with his food and often times I struggle with ideas for his lunch. Me and DH are still trying to figure out if we should let the kids eat meat or not, or just let them eat fish and let them decided when they get older if they want to continue to eat meat or not. However all in all is good.I'm still thinking about going vegan before the end of this year but haven't done anything to try, lol. I wish I could hire you as my personal chef, lol. You make it seem so easy. Keep that cooking up, you never no maybe you'll have your own vegan restaraunt!
Take Care, V
To Brunsli,
Hey thanks for the compliments and thanks for stopping by.
TO OrganikBeauty
Thanks for the comments!
Congrats on everything ( the hair, weight loss, and beautiful kids)!
V, your locs are beautyful, such growth in 2 years. Don't make any rash decisions regarding doing them over. You're looking fantastic, the kids are adorable, dang girl, you got it going on.
ps. Running vicariously through you for now. Goodluck and have fun
Happy Locversary
To Naturally Sophia
Thanks
To Purehappyness
Thanks for the compliments, I really think I'm going to keep them. I'm slowly starting po realize that my hair is something I should be proud of no matter how many imperfections I may think they have, my locks represent me and I am no where near perfect.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sistalocd> It's already been close to a year??!! WOW!! Great Job!!!
Lando and I continually have disagreements regarding whether our children will be vegan, vegetarian, or allowing them to eat poultry and fish. I know it would be hard for him since he eats everything under the sun. It can definitely get cumbersome at times when the majority of the country can take a quick trip to any fast food chain and have an inexpensive dinner on the table in no time.
Now for your son....think of his favorite foods before he went veggie. Use his favorites for inspiration. The most kid friendly foods are pastas and pizza. If you're still eating cheese you can give him spaghetti for one meal and baked spaghetti the next, if there's leftovers. What about having the family make pizzas. I don't know if you have a bread maker but it's what I use to make my dough. Have your son roll out the dough with a mini rolling pin and ask him what he would like his toppings to be. You could actually have a family pizza night once a week.
There's a blog I would like to recommend: http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/
I haven't visited this blog in a while but from what I remember she had to pack her sons lunch daily and always came up with interesting meals for him, she also has a book out...I think it's also called Vegan Lunchbox.
If you can plan your weekly menu during the weekend it will save you time and money. Less grocery store visits and less money spent when you have a list. I think breakfast is the hardest meal of the day for me to plan but I'm a cereal lover.
Didn't think I'd be this long-winded but if need more ideas email me.
To Meikemeika
Thanks for the tips and the link. As of now my son eats what we eat but sometimes I feel like he should be eating some type of meat. I don't know I guess we will see how he does when he gets a little older. Planning weekly menus sounds like a plan but I can hardly plan for the day, lol.
what I have done is I got a hold of my son's day care menu and I try to match his meals as close to theres. So that helps sometimes. I'm sure he is getting bored though.
Thanks again.
To Locsuluv
Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate them as for the race. I ran in a 5k (3 miles) not a marathon ( 26.2 miles)Although a marathon is one of my goals I don't plan on running in a marthon till about 2010.
I remember when your babies were just born. Such wonderful beautiful progress! You, your locks and your family are beautiful inside and out and it's been a joy watching so much growth over the past two years. Blessings!!!
Girl you are killin that dress!! You look fabulous!
Post a Comment