Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Sunday, August 24, 2008

Curls?




I'm back, just like I said I would. For those of you all who didn't know. I recently roller set my locks on sponge rollers, I had them setting in rollers for a few days. I washed my hair first, I did use a little setting lotion but not much. Since my hair was so wet I sat under the dryer for at least 30 min.

Originally I hadn't planned on keeping my locks in the rollers that long but since school and worked was cancelled I said why not. Well let me tell you those extra days didn't matter, I'm sure even leaving them in for a couple of hours the curls would have came out the same. I know that washing my car in the heat and humid air didn't help as well. You live and learn right?
As you can see the curls are nonexistent!

So I guess it's back to braidouts! I've been hearing a lot about braidouts recently that I decided to try them out once again. I love braidouts! I think they last the longest. If I didn't have to wash my hair so often I'm sure the curls would last for weeks. I usually like to wash my hair every two weeks, but it seems like my dry scalp is trying to return so I washed my hair this weekend. I then braided my hair in 14 or 15 plaits and I plan to take them out on Monday night before work, I just don't see myself getting up at 4 or 5 in the morning trying to take plaits out so I can get to work on time, lol. Anyhow hopefully I will be back this weekend if not sooner to show you the results of the braid out!

Take Care and Until next time much love!

13 comments:

CheLouissaint said...

I like the curls!! Braids out normally last in my head without any type of setting lotion until I wet it again. I like braidouts better as well.

Maryee said...

Those curls are too cute!!!

V said...

That was supposed to say thanks :)

V said...

Thaks for the nice comments ladies!

Euphoria's Sisterlocks said...

hey! how are you, first I want to say I love your locks & secondly I want to thank you for dropping by & visiting my site.

Meikmeika said...

Your curls came out nice. I'm sure if it wasn't so dangum hot & humid they would have lasted longer.

LockedJewel7 said...

Hey there....wanted to stop by and let you know they have black PC at Michael Arts and Craft...By the way...Love the roller set! Cant wait for mines to get your lenght.take care

V said...

Euphoria
Thanks, and no problem I like to see how everyone's locks are progressing.

Meikmeika
I tried to make them last longer but as soon as the second day ended, I realized that I waisted m time keeping those rollers in that long, lol.

Lockedjewel7
Thanks for looking out, next time I'm around a Michael's I'll have to stop by.

Nubian1 said...

Your SL look good.

BLESSINGS.

Lakia said...

My curls will only last a day or two at the most. I don't know what it is???

V said...

Nubian1

Thanks for the compliments!

Lakia
Maybe it has something to do with the actual make up of your(our) hair. I think no matter how long I keep rollers in the curls will last as long as they can.

Khandi said...

Those curls are way cute

V said...

Thanks for the nice comments and thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...