

Sorry I couldn't find any photos of Sisterlock tools on the internet. I know I' have seem them on some sister's blogs but I couldn't remember who, if it comes to me I wil post pics after I get permission.
I prefer the Nappyloc Tool only because it's the only tool I know how to use. But I made a promise to myself that I will learn how to use the latch hook. When I first saw this tool I was intimidated by it. But after seeing a few tutorials on you tube (thank God for you tube, lol) I am hopeful. Speaking of you tube I wanted to share a few videos that were helpful!
I have found a great video but was unable to post it in my blog so I will post the link so you all can visit. Heres the link > Pinky's Latchhook Tutorial
Another video that I found helpful is another young lady demonstrating the latch hook method.
Another video of a young lady demonstrating with the Nappylocs tool.
I wanted to share this video because I wasn't aware that you can latch your locks this way, I guess it's similar to the latchhook method. However this young lady made a tool from scratch!
Last but not least this is a video of a woman latching her locks with her hands. She makes it seems so simple.
Let me warn you now, some of the videos are long, but I found them very helpful. So take a look. I think I might try the latch hook tool today on a few of my locks wish me luck, lol! Take Care
until next time much love!
12 comments:
I've only used the Nappyloc tool on my hair but I retighten my brother's locks using my fingers. He swears I tighten too much when I use the tool.
I use the SL clip tool. I cannot comfortably use the hook tool because it is too awkward to manuever. I wonder if using the Nappylock tool decreases the ability to marry locks? For a couple of my smaller locks I can use my fingers. I was taught that method in the SL Retightening Training. I'm going to check out these videos.
I have only used the SL clip tool. I find it very easy to use. I want to order the nappyloc tool. I have tried using a Booby pin and paper-clip, which is similar to the nappyloc tool but i didn't find them as easy as the SL clip tool. I have considered the latch hook as it looks easy enough and i know other ppl like it, not decided yet. I would find my locs too small for my fingers unless i had a lot of re-growth.
Hey ladies thanks for stopping by. I commend yall for latching your or someone else's hair with your fingers. I tried it once or twice just to see if I could and, I didn't really like it, using the toll is easier, in my opinion.
To SouthernGirl
I retighten my DH's locs with the Nappyloc tool and he always complains that his head hurts even days after. I don't think it's us, it's them, boys/men swear they are tough when they are really no, lol.
To Cashana
My consultant used the clip tool on my hair, I'm sure if I had that tool available that would pronbably be my tool of choice as far as the decrease in marrying locs by using the nappyloc tool, I'm not sure but the technique might have something to do with it.
Khandi
You are not the only one who tried to experiment, I had problems toos. I tried using the bobby pin, but didn't like it because it kept snagging and I think it was too long or my hair was too short at the time. If you do decide to try the latch hook besure to let us know I'm curious to know how it turns out and if you like that method or not.
Thanks for stoppin by ladies, take care.
Hi,
Thanks for providing those videos. It's really helpful!
Even though I'm not an official DIYer. I really like the Nappyloc tool. I too am interested to read more reviews regarding the latch hook tool. Guess they all give the same results right...?
Thanks for posting all the videos!!
Hey Sarafina
Thanks for stopping by glad the videos where of some help.
To Meikmeika
As far as the latchook I think they give the smae results but that just in my opinion I have never seen somesones hair up close in person so I guess I really shouldn't comment. But I have read on a Sisterlocks Consultant's Blog that you shouldn't use any latchook tool or any other tool on Sisterlocks because they can cause damage. I have a hard time believing that, but the blog was speaking more negative on the latch hook tool. Hopefully someone who uses the latchhook will stop by and give us more info on this. Take Care
I have taken the SL Retightening class and I actually prefer using a hair pin (not a bobby pin). I can shape it much like a Nappyloc tool and it just works. Now, I don't enjoy doing my own hair so I still go to the shop. It is too cool to KNOW HOW to retighten my own hair... I just don't wanna.
More power to you DIY-ers! (You probably have more money for gasoline than I do with the cash you SAVE DIY!) Be blessed...
To 3girlsmomma
I guess using whatever tool that is comfortable for you is ok. Thanks for stopping by, take care.
Locsuluv
I've noticed alot of people prefer the nappylocks tool. Thanks for stopping by, take care.
The only tool I have ever used is the latch hook. Because I have had success with it, I have seen no reason to switch. I did try the finger latching but found it too cumbersome and time consuming.
i prefer a 2.5inch hairpin in 4pt reverse rotation,lol!!! pack of 50 for 99cent!!!
Post a Comment