Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Just call me Prego



Everyone else does!

If you have guessed that I was pregnant you guessed right, that's seems to be the only reason why I go missing from my blog. Unfortunately when I get pregnant I get very ill, ill to the point I'm vomiting continuously, non-stop. This is called hyperemesis gravidarum in pregnant women and it is no joke. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I got sick and it finally resolved a few weeks ago, mind you I'm almost 7 months, so that "you only experience morning sickness for the first 3 months" is for the birds. Let me briefly explain the torture I went through
-I lost 30 pounds ( I couldn't eat ANYTHING for weeks)
-I had to be hospitalized for dehydration
-I received home health so that my hydration therapy could continue ( cheaper than going to the hospital)
-I also had to wear a medicine pump( that provided nausea medicine) 24/7 (for about a month and a half)
-Worst of all I was too sick that I couldn't get my hair done. Lets just say that I went months ( which I do not recommend) without getting my hair retightened. I wish I had taken photos of my hair to show how badly damaged it was, I had an afro of about three inches of new growth! Several of my locks had married together and they were not trying to get a divorce, so when I finally got my hair retightened I lost several locks. Which majority are in the front. If there were a good time to go loose nap that was the perfect time. However I stayed optimistic. Plus I took a good look in the mirror and realized how much my hair has grown and fell in love with the length. My locks are even longer now that they have been retightened. Mind you my hair has never been this long( when permed), plus I'm able to put it in a true ponytail, there is no way I can give that up now. I'm having too much fun with my locks, maybe in the future.

I realized that I have had my locks for 3 and a half years now, and I can't believe its been that long. Although now I have several baby locks I couldn't be more happier with my hair. Thanks to my consultant who even agreed to restore and repair my locks, I have nice parts again and I think I have more locks in the front than I did before, which is great because eventually it will be fuller. One day when I'm bored(have time on my hands I will recount my locks). I'm glad that I decided to go natural and decided to lock up. Some time this week I plan to style my hair, so hopefully I'll remember to take pics and give you all updates.

Anyhow this is just the beginning of updates I have several more so stay tuned:

*My trip to the Big Easy
*My Hubby's new set of locks( which are not so new anymore done back in June)
*Me And Hubby's 5 Year Anniversary (cruise to the Caribbean) and no the baby was not conceived on that trip. Lol
*Vegetarian/Vegan Updates ( You all will not believe what happened)
* More hair updates/pics)
*Contemplating becoming a Sisterlocks Consultant( really thinking hard about that one)

I believe those are it for now so stay tuned!

Until next time much love~

I thought this pic was neat

14 comments:

Nihu said...

CONGRATUALTIONS.

Truly glad to hear you are feeling better. Through it all, children are still blessings and you, your children and your husband are truly blessed.

Gigglz said...

Congratulations!! 7 months though to recuperate from "morning sickness". At least know you are better and able to enjoy it.

Thandi said...

I TOLD hubby you were preggers!!Congratulations and I'm sorry about the illness.Sad when it occurs during such a joyful time.All the best.

Bajan Lily said...

Oh my! I am so glad you posted on my blog! It is always such a relief to meet someone who truly understands what a right devil hyperemesis gravidarum is!

Having 'extreme morning sickness' right up until delivery is SOOOO not funny. I remember being so happy when my son was out! I went to bed, I woke up and I was HUNGRY! I had lost almost as much weight as you did and I remember my husband poking my ribs and shoulder blades and complaining that I was wasting away - despite having a massive bump at the front! LOL!

I will definitely follow your blog because I can draw inspiration from you. I wish you a speedy two months! I have five more to go... aaaagh!

Coco Pebb said...

Many CONGRATS to you and your family on the soon-to-be new addition! I just went through some of your blog and WOW...your hair is lovely and the growth is amazing...will follow...Coco Pebb

V said...

Thanks ladies for stopping by, I do appreciate the love.

@ Bajan Lily

I know I wasn't the only one in the world that had to go through those symptoms but it sure felt like I was the only one, I felt that no one understood what I was going through and although I wouldn't wish that torture on anyone it feels good to know that I was not the only one indeed.

Take Care

Trina said...

Congrats Lady! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was nice to hear from you after your hiatus.

I was complaining about my morning sickness that lasted for my first trimester. I guess I have nothing to complain about knowing that you went through hyperemesis gravidarum. Congrats on your pregnancy. Do you know what you are having?

Khandi said...

Congrats on your soon to be new addition
I can only imagine what you went through, but it sounds like you are over the worse and the lil one will be with you before you know it. How you're gona be bored (find time to count your locs) with the new addition i dunno.

I did colour my locs in the end havent got round to puttin pics up yet, will do at some point.

Maryee said...

Congrats Sis!!!!!

Cashana said...

Congratulations! Glad to know you are doing better. You know I want to see your hair now. Glad you are back, everyone seems to be falling off from the blogs.

V said...

Thanks again ladies for showing all the love!

@ Trina
God blessed me with another boy.

@ Cashana
Yeah it does seem to be a ghost town, but since coming back I found alot of new comers.

Take Care

Nai said...

I remember those days ... had morning, noon and night sickness with 3 out of my 4 pregnancies ... for the whole time, I feel for you!

Your Locks are lovely btw, finally managed to view them!

Naturally Sophia said...

Congratulations Butterfly!

S0uthernGirl said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you all. Enjoy the holidays :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...