Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Trip to the Big Easy ( New Orleans)

Pic of my immediate family

It's really not much to blog about, our family made a road trip out of it, we made a few stops to visit family and friends along the way.

The family reunion was nice, I have to admit it was better than the one last time you can read about it HERE .

Anyhow during family reunions you don't really have the time to go sight seeing. THe only time you have to do extra activities is to do them at night. Well we had plans to go out one night but they fell through. And I'm glad they did. Because the next day between family reunion activities we were able to go to some of the tourist sites. Lets just say all of us were glad that we didn't go the night before, because we were amazed at some of the things and half dressed people(women) we saw that day of. I guess I'm getting older, I'm sure if I was younger the sites that I seen wouldn't phase me anywho. Don't really have that many pictures to share because I didn't take many that were blog worthy, lol.

As you can tell this pic was taken from inside the car, lol.

Just in case you havent had a chance to read a post about my previous reunion, back in 07. I will give a short story about my family members that are Sisterlocked. There is about 5+/- that I know about. They still act weird about the whole thing. Whenever I compliment one of my family members I get the attitude "I know my locks are all that, why are you talking to me?" The next time I won't even bother. I was just trying to share some love. I mean we did come here to fellowship. Am I taking this hair thing to serious?

We tried to add some New Orleans culture to our activities.

I look forward to our next reunion because it's going to be in Orlando. Not that I've never been there before but the travel time will be a peace of cake especially with 3 kids, lol.

Gotta Go Next up is pics of my hubbies 2nd set of locks!

Until Next Time Much Love

2 comments:

Cashana said...

I need to get back to New Orleans. I haven't been since 2004so I haven't seen it since the levees broke. Looks like fun.

foxydiva said...

LOL @ I know my locks are all that. Too funny sounds like my fam now that many of them have decided to go natural. I have an aunt that did the big chop after encouragement from yours truly. I just say I complement from a good place, u can only control your reactions and not the reactions of others. Don't pay them no mind. Congrats on your blessing btw!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...