Ok so I have been having thoughts in my head that I want to start my Sisterlocks over AGAIN. For some reason I go through this EVERY year! I wish these feelings would go away for good!
I admit I get lock envy every time I see a head full of gorgeous locks. So what's my problem you ask. I have a lot of imperfections in my locks that nobody else notices but me. Go figure. I was hoping that it didn't happen but I think I'm starting to lose some hair due to the baby. I know its temporary but it's getting on my nerves. 51 percent of me wants to start over while 49 percent of me can't see myself cutting my hair after its gotten so long. This is the longest my hair has ever been in LIFE! So its a big deal for me. I know it will always grow back. My other alternative is to grow out my imperfections and then cut, because there is nothing wrong with my parting. So which route do I plan to take? I'm still not sure. Maybe I should weigh out the pro's and con's. I'm going to continue to try to talk myself out of this and love my locks the way they are.
Oh yeah, I'm almost finished retightening my hair. I plan to style it in a way that I have never done before. So stay tuned for pictures.
Until next time much love.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.
6 comments:
You do you and I'll be supporting you whatever you decide!It doesn't matter that we're luuuurvin' your hair if it makes you feel 'yucky' LOL.The most important thing is that you don't regret it.Looking forward to the pics of the mystery style!
You are probably your own worse critic. Can you take a close-up of the lock in question and post it?
Yeah "say what"! LoL! I notice imperfections in my locks all the time but I haven't come to thinking to cut them off. However, my motto has always been its just hair and it will grow back. At the same time, with a new clientele for your business you being able to show them your locks is a selling point. You are your own walking advertisement. In any route you choose it will be the best one for you.
I agree with the majority. It's up to you, but either way we will luv your locs/decision just the same.
@ Thandi
Still thinking about it,
@ Lock University
I wish it was only one lock,lol. There is several thats why I want to start all over. For instance I have several( I mean a whole lot of locks in the front that are brand new,so they are really shorter than the rest of my locks. I have several two and three headed dragons. However I'm still trying to talk myself out of it.
@ Gigglz
You made a valid point. However I sometimes wonder if others can see my imperfections too.
@ Cecelite
Thanks for stopping by.
Thanks ladies for your comments. I'm still undecided, but I guess I will take the good with the bad for now.
I think we all have moments when we want to start over or change them at some point or other. However, it is up to you in what will work to make you happy with your hair. Really, it is just hair. My thing right now is when it reaches bra-strap length, who am I going to get to cut it. LOL!
Post a Comment