Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Pro's & Con's to having short hair!

Well since I have cut my hair I noticed there are a lot of things I love about my short hair and some things that I dislike.

I figured I would share them with you all..

CON's

1. Can't fit my hair in a ponytail anymore. I missed though days. During my permed years I was never able to so when that day finally came I loved it and never thought I would be ponytailless(yes I just made that word up) again.

2. For a while I kept reaching for hair that wasn't there... the con is that it made me look pyscho, lol.


3. Can't really do anything to it.... but wear it as is. (which is also a bonus at times) However my afro is starting to do it's own thang and I'm having a hard time of shaping it the way I want to.

4. Starting to become a product junkie all over again... Due to my short hair and my fro not behaving like I want it to. I'm always buying/searching for products to assist with the look I'm going for.

PRO's

1. I don't have to worry about styling it... just get up and go! I love this at times, however sometimes I do wish I could do more to it but I'm limited with styles due to it's shortness.

2. My dandruff and dry scalp have literally disappeared! Not sure where it went and don't want to know just happy it's gone, and hope it stays that way.

3. I wash my hair more often... It's so easy to wash or co-wash my hair everytime I get into the shower. Now I try to stick to 2-3 days a week. Because before I was out of control, but I'm getting better.

4. Another good thing about short her is that I save time in the bathroom.  I guess that can go along with pro #1.


Anyhow thats it for now. My hair is defineitely growing back in more areas than some but I still have some thin spots. I'm going to continue to be patient. With my next update I'll be sure to post pictures. I officially miss my locks but still love that I'm learning about my natural hair. I hope to relock soon but I know I need to be very patient.

Anyhow hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

Until next time much love.

3 comments:

Rockin Robin said...

Great post. I've been there. Why did you cut your lovely locks? Will you do Sisterlocks again. Keep us posted. Peace and Blessings.

Anonymous said...

It's got to feel good to wash your hair, blot dry, add some moisturizer/spritz, and go??!! If there's one thing I've regretted in life it's not having a TWA. I transitioned with braids and by the time I took them out the TWA stage was a no go.

You watch, before you know it your hair will have grown so much.

KnottyAuthor said...

I'm enjoying watching you grow through a whole 'nother journey, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...