It has been 5 months already? It got here so fast. Well I'm glad to say that my journey thus far has been an enjoyable one except for that troubled loc, but I'm over it now. Anyhow I'm so glad that I decided to get Sisterlocks because I really love my hair and I love the outcome. This journey has taught me patience, because when I first got my Sisterlocks installed I was nervous I didn't like the spaces and I didn't like the thinness. I even wore a wig the first week(only to work) until I got adjusted to my locks however I have come along ways. I only have to deal with the spaces when I get them retightened which I love becuase my locs seem to get longer everytime! My locs are also getting thicker (Thank God) and they are starting to get this nice soft spongy feeling which I love.During the mean time I decided to slow down on the headbands (which I only wear to work ( only 2 days out the week))because that may be a cuase of my troubled loc and my thin hair line. I also decided not to take or post pics unitl my 6 months so I can really see a difference, I am even thinking about waiting until the new year but don't know if I can hold out that long. Anyhow I'm loving my journey thus far and I look forward to more growth and to become fully locked!Until next time much love!
P.S. One Question, I know everyone's hair is different but how long did it take for your hair to completely lock?
Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.
4 comments:
I'm happy to read you are happy with your journey. Congratulations.
Usually by a year or sooner, most folks will not have problems with slippage and the hair will look like locs. But for the locks to be fully encased and have that smooth, interlocked look, that takes 3-4 years for most hair textures.
You are doing all of the right things. I know it doesn't seem like it, but the time will continue to go fast. I locked at 9 months, but I have thick hair. Hang in there! Anxious to see your pic updates.
To Tanya and Blaqkofi thanks for responding. I guess I have no choice but to be patient. Thanks for the motivation.
Sistalocd,
"Soft Spongy feeling" those are the words I have been searching for a way to describe how my LOCKS feel. But this is really surprising to me because my hair has only been locked for less than 4 weeks. I guess my kinky, nappy, coily, spongy, wavy hair is doing what God intended. Thank you God!
RJQueen10
Post a Comment