Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Soft Spikes!!



Well I finally decided it was time to try my soft spikes! I knew I wanted to try them before the New Year I just didn't look forward to actually doing the labor! Anyhow it was time for me to wash my hair again so I took the opportunity. This time I actually decided to try the ACV rinse. I mixed it with water half and half and put it in a spray bottle. The spray bottle has become my bestfriend! It is so helpful and very good at distributing hair products all over the hair and scalp! I use them for my water spritz, my shampoo, and my ACV because that does not smell to good, so I decided that it should have its own bottle! Anyhow I was on lockitup the other day and someone gave advice to use a toothbrush with the ACV and scrub gently. That was great advice after using the ACV rinse my hair felt so clean and fresh I should've done this sooner because I have dry scalp problems! Anyhow I recommend the ACV Rinse to anyone who has problems with dry scalp or itching it really helps!



Now as far as the soft spikes. I think they are really great. Despite how many curlers I had in my hair they were very easy to sleep on! Now I'm not really sure how to use them yet. I 'm sure that I didn't curl all my locks in the same direction but that was okay as long as they got curled! I also wasn't sure how many locks to put on each roller but I think I used about 5-10 locks per curler. I also think that the tighter you curl your hair you get a tighter curl effect and the looser you curl your hair you get looser curl effect.



Next time I try it I will go for a looser effect! This time around I curled my locks real tight and they came out that way! I like it though it almost looks like I have an afro. I guess overtime my curls will fall! The pic of the first collage is with the curlers taken out and the last collage is pictures of my locks finger combed and spritzed! I also added a simple B-Tie to seal the deal! Well I will catch up with you gals later! Happy New Years and please be safe! Much Luv, Sistalocd!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great 'do!

Mel

Goodnapps said...

Very cute. SS do involve quite a bit of labor but the end result is worth it. I rolled my hair several days before the "main" event so that they would be looser. I like getting as much distance as I can.

brunsli said...

Your curls look great!

You can also use more hair per roller to decrease the curliness and the "labor" involved. It might increase the drying time though.

Anonymous said...

Looking good!

The same thing happened to me when I used the soft spikes for the first time.

Brunsli's advance is great. In addition my consultant said if ever your curls are too tight, pull them into a ponytail and take a steamy shower. This is the little trick that she uses to elongate her curls and get the look she is going for.

Happy New Year!

Meikmeika said...

Very nice!! I need to get some Soft Spike Curlers. Freestylin is getting a litte old.

GIgirl said...

Hey Girl,
The curls are cute and looking good. Did you sleep in the curlers or just washed your hair and put them in? I have some SS rollers, but I guess I need to take them out the goody box and experiment.

Anonymous said...

Aren't Soft Spikes great? They are my favorite curler, but I've been so lazy of late. You inspire me to dig them out and start stylin'. Happy New Year!

V said...

Thanks you gals for all of your comments and advice!

To gigirl I did wash my hair and I did sleep in them so they would be dry by the next morning!

Happy New Year's to you all as well!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, how purrty. Thanks for the eye candy. ;-)

I'm lovin' the music at our blog, lady.

V said...

To lovin locks
thank you

Brenda said...

After all the labor involved in setting on SS, you want the curl to last! But if your curl is too tight, try lightly misting with water to loosen them up. Your hair looks great!

V said...

Thanks Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...