Mother-hood has brought on a whole new meaning once you go from having one child to two! It is not easy, and I didn't expect it to be but I didn't think it would be this hard. Anyhow I will continue to hope and pray that things get better until I get it together and get things under control. You know to be honest you would think my newborn would be the one causing the most trouble but it's not her it's my son J! Can you believe it? I can't either. I guess his acting out lately is him wanting attention since he is not getting as much as he used to. He has relapsed in potty training so now I'm changing pampers on two people. Another thing is he hasn't started speaking English yet, Lol. I mean he is still speaking his own language. Don't get me wrong he understands English and knows how to repeat words, however he still hasn't started talking to me yet. Let me take that back he knows how to talk, he just doesn't know when to let me know when he wants something or when something is going on. I know that all children progress differently, maybe it's just me maybe I am expecting too much.I will say this he has progressed in other areas that I have noticed other children his age have not. To make matters worse he is experiencing his terrible two's. However I can't get mad at him because no matter what he does in the end he makes me smile.
(Ms. Justice doing what she does best! Crying.)
Now dealing with Ms. Justice she is a whole new breed. Sometimes I feel as if she's been here before. Anyhow she likes to sleep all day and party at night! Well I guess I can say she gets that from me, lol. I am not a morning person(never have been and never will be) and when I was working I worked the night shift 7p-7a for about 5 years. So lets just say my body has adapted to that schedule. Speaking of work I miss it but I will speak about that in another post, I have now realized that I never shared with you all what I do for a living. Anyhow back to the post. People say to sleep when the baby sleeps, however that is impossible when you have another child to look after. I can already tell Ms. Justice is going to be mean and bossy like me, and eventually be bossing her big brother around. Her and J are totally opposite and I'm curious to how Justice and J are going to react to each other when they get older. Anyhow I hope for the best. Inspite of how I am feeling right now I do and will always love my kids and know that they are a true blessing from God.
The main reason for this post was to get my feelings out on how I've been feeling about being a mother of two. I don't see how other mothers do it but I hope I will learn someday soon! How do you spread all your love equally with out no one feeling left out? How do you take care of your children without one of them getting short changed? To all my experienced mothers out there please respond if you have any pointers or suggestions.
Hair Updates: I guess my hair has slowed down on growing for now. I usually retighten my hair every 4 weeks. However at this point retightening my hair isn't probably necessary until another two-three weeks. I 'm still trying to decide should I go ahead anyway or wait. Now If I didn't have a newborn I would wait but since I do I might be better off retightening now since it won't take as long. I don't know I'll figure it out sooner or later. During this point in time don't have much time to do anything with my hair. I don't know what I would do if my hair was permed ( actually don't want to know). I am so glad I have Sisterlocks they are very convenient. Anyways I must go one of my little ones is starting to wake up! Until next time much love.
16 comments:
Hopefully you'll be able to get 8 continuous hours of well-deserved rest soon. J will start "talking" before you know it. It seems like I was just telling my cousin's son that he needed to start talking because I was tired of hearing him whining... now I wish I could shut him up LOL. And that all happened within the last 6 months or so (he's two as well).
Having kids can be challenging to say the least but I think that as long as you trust your instincts you'll be fine.
Create a system for your entire day. This will work, especially with the older one. I have 3, and they are all 2 years apart. Can you imagine 2 toddlers at the same time or when they were 1 month, 2 yrs, and 4yrs old. LOL! OMG! I had a lot of neat tricks, just let me know if you need any of them!
Oh yeah, you can give him just the same amount of attention or even more. Put that little guy to work, have him start holding the bottles, spreading out the blankets, read to both of them at the same time. Let him know that since he is the big brother, that big brothers use the potty. You can also save time by cooking your meals at once and freezing them, so when it's time to eat you only have to microwave (huge time saver). And make sure that everyone sleeps/naps at the same time, even you... you need your rest.
I agree with Southern and Lakia stick with your instincts. I will be reading your blog often to prepare myself for when I start my family.
You just have the cutest children. Just keep cheering your son on when he goes potty and he'll start progressing again.
Boy do I remember what it was like being a new mother of two. My daughter was 2 1/2 years old when Justin was born and she was determined to be heard. Thank God that only lasted the first few weeks of his birth. I tried hard to involve her in helping me with her new brother and that helped to turn things around. Even to this day she thinks she is Justin's second mom. Another thing, mo mother taught me to stick to a schedule.I did, and that helped a lot. Hope this is helpful, although I'm sure you're doing a great job.
Thanks to all of you for stopping by and thanks for the advice as well.
Gurllllll....my nephew is two, and he to like your son is not talking as much as we all anticipated, my niece is 3 days older and she is saying full sentences and pararaphs. But like you said, children progress at different stages, because he does understand alot of what you say, he just doesn't verbalize it. But in time for your son and my nephew.
Sis, on a more serious note, I will be praying for you, because I know it is not easy, especially when you are experiencing sleep deprivation.
Hang in there, because this to shall pass :)
Thanks for sharing! At this point I can only imagine what you're experiencing. Your children are jewels and when they are old enough to read, you all will be reading through these post and laughing about the "good ole' days". Hopefully Justice is not partying all night since she's nearing her 8 week mark. (Fingers crossed for you). :-)
To Chosen Vessel
Thanks for stopping by. I've learned that I just have to be patient!
To Maryess
She has gotten alot better. She is sleeping through the night. Thank God! lol
Congratulations on your daughter! She is beautiful. I recall my younger sister went through a similar trial with her eldest son being jealous of a newborn. Hopefully, your son will adjust to the change soon.
To Dream Angel
Thanks he has finally adapted, he loves to help out now.
Bless you! I hope you blog more about your experiences... One day your children will be able to read and appreciate your passions and your struggles...
Praying your strength...
Be Blessed this new year~
To Locsuluv
Thanks
To Jena
Thanks for stopping by.
BREATH!! now relax...and this too shall pass, you will look back and search hard for the memories, he's only being his lil self! a BOY! be grateful that they are both normal children and when your at your weakest always remember another mother has it worst! or the woman that wants to be a mother... ok my 1 piece of advice that was given to me...Learn to let go..even if it means neglicting the house chores for your rest...trust me it will be there when you wake up! dishes don't develop feet nor do vaccum cleaners develop hands it will be there...won't be long you will be able to take a nap with the both of them being up and entertaining each other it's only a phase that leads you to the next..besides you will find "YOUR" way and what works best for you and your family...just put a little time on it, but if it makes you feel better "I WON'T TRADE WITH YA" girl that's some work!! mines are 7 & 5 WHEW don't take me BACK!!
oh one more comment, when possible try and spend some individual time with your son, everybody likes to watch a newborn or infant because they are soo cute and they don't ask for nothing and they let you hold them etc...take your son out on a one on one, where it's just the 2 of yall, even if it's grocery shopping or to the park so that he can have all of your attention even if it's only 15 minutes that seemed to work wonders for me when my son was 2 and a new baby was on the scene...now that my kids are older I still split them up to spend individual time.
To Taz
Thanks for stopping by and giving me all the pointers. I really appreciate it. Things have gotten a lot better. My baby is sleeping through the night, and i just put my son back in day care. I'm starting to feel at ease now. Thanks again for the tips. Take Care
Post a Comment