Well not really but I'm taking advantage of it anyway. Today me and the kids were off due to the storm that just passed through and I am so thankful to a have a break! So since I had some time on my hands I figured I would blog.
I have been so busy this past few weeks. This weekend I noticed that I havent washed my hair in 3 weeks so I gave my locks a good washing and boy did my scalp thank me for it. Here are a few pics of my fresh washed locks. I like the way my locks look when they are washed they look nice and full. Anyhow I decided since it was time to wash my hair I would style my hair which is something that I haven't done in a long time. I rolled my hair with sponge rollers. The rollers have been in my hair since Sunday( yes i'm still walking around with rollers in my hair), I fgured since I wasn't going anywhere and I was off these past two days I could leave them in and hope for some everlasting curls. When I do take them out, I will be back to give pic updates.

I know I ve been talking alot about starting my locks over, over and over again. However I'm going to try and hang in there. It's looks like my edges are trying to grow back and I hope that is the case. I figured out a game plan that when they grow bakc I will either sew in the ones that I have( yes I lost another one but I cut it out on my own becuase it was hangin on for dear life, but this lock was in the very back so it's not noticeable). Or I can either add some hair whatever the case maybe I have realized that it's fixable and I no longer need to jump to conclusions!

Finally I have pics of my DH's locks. He started his locks wiht braidlocks and he wasn't not concerned about the parts so it was just a grab and braid job. He first put ruberbands over his locks to help keep them together( he has really soft texture of hair) and I believe the ruberbeands helped. I am maintaing his hair with the nappy locks tool and I think his hair is progressing nicely,( When he lets me do it)I had to rebraid several of his locks due to the fact that I had to separate some because they were to big.

The first collage is of his locks first installed and a 2 months after. He wouldn't let me do his hair for nothing.As you can tell my DH has some very thick hair and he has a lot of it. (He needs to donate some to me lol!) The second collage is more recent he is close to 4 months. It doesn't seem like he has had his locks this long. Time is really flying by.I can't wait to see how they progress over time. I think he really likes how they are turning out, I think he will keep this set once and for all. I'm not holding my breath though, lol.
Well I guess that's it for now. I'll be sure to post pics of my curls in the near future.
Until next time much love!
9 comments:
I'm happy to hear you get a day to chill, your edges are growing back and your husband's locks are progressing nicely.
Regardless of any locks lost your locks are looking great!!!
I can't wait to see how your curls come out and how long they last.
I agree with MM, I htink your locks look great. Give it time because I'm sure your edges will bounce back... I still have hair growing in on my edges from years of perm damage.
Oh yeah, the hubby's locks look good too :)
Are the rollers out yet? I'm curious as to what you locks look after walking around in rollers :) Your locks have always seem full to me and like you said the locks don't make you you make the locks and honey you are rocking the locks!! You're not the only one that Fay left with out much damage.
PS: the music (Ne-Yo Miss Independant)on your page had me going a bit crazy for a second I've been jamming to this song this past month so I thought I was beginning to hear things when it "magically" began to play lol!
Meikmeika
Thanks, Yeah things seem to be looking up, Ihope it stays that way.
SOuthern Girl
Thanks, I sure hope they bounce back and quick.
Diva_La_Rein
Yes I took the rollers out today but I plkan to take pics as the day goes by to see how long they last.
As for the song, I don't know where I have been because I just heard for the 1st time last week, I love it, I can't wait to see the video.
Take Care
Your hair is so long! Your locks continue to look awesome. I do like the scarf, and your DH is locked. Nice! I love looked couples. :D
Your locks are looking great I love the pony tail.(lol)
Naturally Sophia
Thanks for the compliments. Me and my DH was actually suppose to get locked around the same time, he did eventuallys tart locks 2 times but this time around is the longest he's gone so hoepfully he will keep his locks this time.
Ja Stu
Thanks, even after all the not so good things I've gone through, I'm trying to stay positive about my locks.
keep locking bro.
keep locking bro.
Post a Comment