Hello my name is Valencia but you can call me V. After years of damaging my hair, I knew there had to be a better way. So I decided to take the path to go natual and lock up. I was Sisterlcoked from June 2006 until Sept 2010 (4yrs). In which during that time I truly enjoyed my hair freedom. Unfortunately my journey had to come to end due to post partum hair loss. I have recently started a new journey this past September, and looking forward to all the ups and downs. As a new Sisterlocks™ Consultant I want to give women and men that same freedom.



Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shopping for a Sisterlocks Consultant





Okay I have seriously gave it some thought. I need a consultant and I need one bad.Considering that I'm a full time mother & wife, full time student, and full time nurse. I have came to the conclusion that I'm just too busy to care for my hair the way that I need to. I don't don't give my hair the time and attention like I used to and I believe it is starting to show.

So I finally gave in and said I was going to look for anoher consultant.

Since I have been doing my hair I will admit that I have had some ups and downs and some mishaps, I didn't worry about it too much it is only hair right? My only concern is what is the consultant going to say. Are they going to say that they can't do my hair because I have been "trying" to do it myself for too long, are they going to say you have to many combined locks I can't do you hair. Thinking about what the consultant that sees my hair is literally driving me crazy, nervous, anxious,and making my pressure go up all at the same time(seems like I need to be checked into a hospital, lol). I'm curious to know if I do start seeing a consultant would they have a problem with me retightening my hair in between. I honestly don't see what is wrong with that (it is my hair) but I already know that some consultants will have a problem.

Why do I feel this way? Is it that serious? To some people it is, I just wish I understood why.

Anyhow so I called one consultant today(which I already think I want to call someone else and let me explain to you why) I will call her Consultant A

I called Consultant A and kind of gave them a brief overview of why I stopped seeing my consultant in the first place. Before I can get one sentence out she asked who she was, I didn't feel the need to tell her because that is not important to me and it's in the past, and I honestly don't have a problem with the person she is really nice, it's just the way she handles business. But as soon as I said I don't want to say her name Consultant A said well then we don't need to talk, then the call was dropped... As this point I'm thinking did this lady just hang up on me? Why did she hang up on me?, I wasn't raising my voice nor did I have an attiutde although the attitude was displayed in her tone of voice, anyhow so me just knowing this lady wouldn't try me and hoping that she did not hang up on me, I called her back. So when she answered I asked her did we lose service or did you hang up on me? Ok course she said no we lost service, (however I have a strong feeling that she hung up on me) Anyhow so I continued to give her a brief overview of what I have been doing with my locks( at this point she is calm and sounds concerned) and she asked me how, I said with the nappylocks tool imediately she replied by saying I no longer have Sisterlocks that I have Nappylocks.(Let me say this now as long as my locks look good and are healthy that is alright with me) So at this point I really didn't care for what she said and didn't think what type of locks or how I did my locks mattered becuase she hasn't even met me or seen my hair. All I want to know is, if there is any damaged that I may have caused, can it be fixed? So I have an appointment to see her in about two weeks so she can take a look at my head.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a good feeling about this, if you were in my shoes what would you do, what do you all think? So according to hair I no longer ahve Sisterlocks, should I even continue my search for a Sisterlocks Consultant. Do you all think that I should research other locticians that latch locks as well?

At this point I'm still undecided if I should continue my search because if this is how everyone is going to treat this situation, why bother? I'm going to the consultants for their services just let me know if you can help or not, I don't need your opinions. Why couldn't it be that simple?


I think I may go ahead and call more people to see what they say and how they react.

Wish me luck, until next time much love

Edited 11/13/08 @ 1:17pm

Hey I'm Back I just got off the phone with another consultant. I will call her Consultant B. This converstation was the total opposite of what I just experienced and it gave me hope! As I was looking at the consultant list her name spoke out to me and I was going to skip over it because she stays further from me but I believe there was a reason why her name spoke out to me. Let me explain when I called she sounded very positive and cheerful, I explained my situation very briefly without going into details, and she had not one question to ask. I couldn't believe it, infact I felt the need to expand on the story so I did, I told her that I've been working on my hair on my own and I used the nappylock tool, still no questions. I was amazed, I think I just got what I asked for. So let me tell you the interesting part. She is a nurse just like me and she works at the same hospital I work at! What a coincidence is that?! So I might have ran into her a couple of times and didn't even realize it. Anyhow she charges at a reasonable price and has time to see me tomorrow to look at my hair and work on it if we agree to proceed.( I guess I should wash my hair, lol). She just made my day and made me realize that not everyone is the same.

So I hope all goes well tomorrow, and I will finally be able to take some pictures.

Until next time much love!

6 comments:

Thandi said...

Whew, I was going to say "Forget Ms A!!!" Glad you found Ms B! Hope it leads to a mutually satisfying 'relationship!'

Cashana said...

I consider myself blessed to have the consultant I have. Seriously, the horror stories are just a mess. My consultant is about natural hair. She prescribes to the SL method completely and she tells you from day one, she expects you to be able to retighten your own hair. Like you, I stay busy, but I am learning to retightening a little along the way during my infrequent down time. My consultant is available until I am ready to do this on my own and then I still will see her every 3 to 6 months for her to check my hair and do any repairs. She commends folks for learning to DIY, because as much as she says she loves us, um, it makes more room for others seeking a natural hair method. So I hope B is the one for you. I just don't understand the problem with the differing tools, if you are using the SL pattern. SMH!

Meikmeika said...

YAY!!!!! I'm so happy Consultant B was less biased and opinionated... It bothers me to no end that Consultant A would ask you to divulge your previous consultant's name, you already no her purpose for asking..... I'm just happy you went with your gut and called Consultant B. I can't wait to hear how your appt goes and see updated pics!

V said...

Hey Ladies
Thanks for stopping by, I did decided to go with Consultant B and I will tell you all the details as soon as things start to slow down again.

Take Care

Tequila Jackson Allen said...

I reside in Miami also and yes some of the consutants can be Ugly and yes rude anyway i am glad you found someone!

Valenciajaz said...

I'm about to embark on my own diy journey. I've already bought the Nappylocks tool and will buy a doll to practice on. I'm like others who don't understand the tool hatred. The tool is not what makes your hair lock. It is just one of many methods used to do maintainence. I've seen so my braidlockers and others whose hair look identical to Sisterlocks and they don't use the coveted Sisterlocks tool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...