4 Year Lockversary! (June 1st, I'm a little late)
Time flies when you are having fun! Can't believe it's been 4 years already!
I also can't believe how much my hair has grown! My hair is the healthiest and longest its ever been!
Although I was contemplating starting over, I can't imagine cutting my hair now, I'm loving this length too much. So I'll keeping my locks along with the imperfections, it's only hair! My baby locks that are in the front are starting to grow like crazy. I'm not having to restart them everytime I wash anymore.Although styling options are minimal with different length locks, I'm dealing with it.
So as you can see I dyed my hair jet black. I coudldn't stand the lint any longer, plus trying to tweeze them out was compromising the strength of the locks. The color took some getting used to. My DH says my locks look fake now, lol. I in love with the color. I'm going to try not to dye again for a couple of years, however don't know how long I can hold out. I'm already thinking of another color, lol. What do you all think of my new color?
Anyhow I'm still in love with my locks, I still can't believe the growth, I'm amazed everytime I look at my progress pictures! Only regret that I have is not locking sooner. Well here are a few pictures to recap how my locks have progressed over the years! Enjoy
Month 1 and Month 12
Month 24 (2nd year) and Month 36 (3rd year)
Month 48 (Year 4)
For a closer view click on pictures to enlarge
Since April I had to start maintaining my locks myself. My consultant had to stop doing hair for personal reasons. So far I have been doing pretty good. Taking that class came right on time. However I think I may seek a consultant soon, because I have gotten spoiled and I miss getting my hair done by someone else!
I promised myslef that I would take better care of my locks and style often.
I plan on finding a new style on you tube and posting pictures so stay tuned!
Until next time much love!



16 comments:
Girl your hair has surely grown. I love you journey. Your hair is beautiful and you are so creative with the styling. Way to go!
V,
I love the new blog , and your hair is beautiful!! The length is crazy!! Congrats on 4 years! Lately I have been asking myself can I wait a few more years to get some real length! I am not thinking about taking them out just feeling real impatient is all:)
There is a huge difference between all the comparison shots! That's awesome can't wait for my hair to grow longer!
E-mail Me: CherlineL@gmail.com so we can trade contacts and meet up I need to get out of this apartment!!! lol
Wonderful sis.Happy belated 4th birthday to your locs.
Just look at all the length and fullness. Enjoy your anniversary! You definitely deserve it. So glad you didn't start over.
i think ur locs (& the color) look wonderful. & the growth is amazing. keep doin' whatcha doin'.
I don't know what you were thinking off wanting to start over. Your locs are long full and healthy. BTW I dyed my hair dark brown and it looks black!
Wow... looking great! Time is-a-flyin' on by~
Times really does fly. Your hair is the business. I miss not having someone do my hair, but hey I no longer have to use up leave to get it done. LOL! Happy Locaversary!
Four years wow, I recall looking at your blog just two years ago, big change. Your hair has grown for sure and it looks good on you. I hope that you and your fam is well.
Thanks ladies for stopping by my blog and showing love. I really appreciate all the nice comments.
Wow! 4 Years!!! Your progress is amazing and gives me a LOT to look forward to! happy belated locversary!
Love the jet black, If I decide to colour that would be the way to go.
A trainee too, your hand work looks great! I admire you, the fact that you have 3 little ones and are able to train as a consultant, good for you!
wow, congrats!! so many of us are turning 4 this year!!! AMAZING!!!!! ur babies are beautiful!
Congrats! Your locks look fabulous!!
Thanks ladies for the compliments!
WOW! Amazing length! Lock envy moment...ok, mine will be 4 next month but I will need to take pictures to really see the growth and if it significant from last year! This gives me hope. Your DIY looks fab!
Post a Comment