The official first set started with braids/plaits. The hair was not parted he just grab and plaited and kept it moving. After about a year he realized that he didn't like, they were two fat and not neat enough for him.
So last year around April or May I took them down and did them over.

The 2nd time I tried to part them better and I used the interlocking method using the Nappy Locks Tool. I must say we were both happy with this set. They came out really nice, however due to my pregnancy and getting really sick. I was unable to keep up with the maintenance of his locks and they started looking bad. He we would only show his locks when he first got them retightened. We both were starting to dislike his locks. However after looking at these photos they dont look as bad.

So after taking the Sisterlocks class I was thinking of starting Brotherlocks on him.(Plus he could be my walking advertisement, lol) It took several conversations and I mean several to talk him into taking his locks down one more time. He was not happy with the idea. We had multiple taking down locks sessions. This was not a fun experience, he was complaining too much, plus his locks were halfway locked so it made taking them down difficult.
However we did make it through, and finally finished installing his new Brotherlocks, so far he likes them very much, he is in love with the parting they are nice and neat, now he thinks they are a little too small, go figure. I told them they will thicken up, not to worry. We have both agreed that this is the last time for locks, if he wants another set he will be cutting them off and starting over. However I really feel that this is the set for him and that he will be happy with them now and years to come.
I plan on using his locks to practice styles on that I can use for my clients, and myself, lol. However I have seen some nice styles out there that are unisex.
Here is a slideshow of some photos of his install, enjoy.
Until Next Time Much Love
6 comments:
Wow his new set look fabulous, I like the second one too. Great work, I hope enjoys this journey.
That was ALOT of patience, taking those sets of locks down. But it was worth it :)
Yasu
www.thekitchensalon.com
You are very patient cause most places tell you that they will not take them down. Good job.
Girl you sure are patient with the hubby. His brotherlocks look amazing. Good job!
Aaah lovely and neat. He's a good man for being so patient.
Your husband's locks are coming along beautifully. Thank you so much for showing me some love on my blog. I truely appreciate it!
@ Peace and Sound
@ Sez
@ Trina
@ Anthia-ofo
Thanks for the nice comments, I was the one that had the patience he surely did not, even though all he had to do was sit. He did take out some but not much, lol.
@ Charizma
Thanks and no problem.
Post a Comment